Nude Nutritionist Lyndi Cohen shares with us one of her favourite wholefoods recipes and just in time for the warmerweather (well, crossing our fingers). This is a great alternative homemade ice cream that is dairy free so great for those with allergies or intolerance and an added bonus, it uses only the natural sweetness of banana so no added sugars.
Supermarket bought ice-cream has the tendency to be high in refined sugar and preservatives, but with this, you get to enjoy not only a delicious flavoured homemade ice-cream, but it is good for you as well. Thanks Lyndi, we appreciate your sharing with us.
Serving Size: Serves 2
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 – 1.5 cups of ice
- 60g raw natural almonds
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor, add the nuts and blend until well milled.
- Add the frozen banana, ice, cacao, nut butter, vanilla essence and salt to the processor and blend until smooth
- Add toppings of your choice. I love to add plain buckini’s, cacao nibs, chocolate spread (for an extra treat) and fresh fruit.
I also love to add nuts or seeds as a sprinkle on top. Enjoy!