This is one of our favourite homemade dip recipes and in perfect timing as we prepare for springtime and the season of getting together with friends and family.
So easy to make and absolutely delicious, this Moroccan style dip is great to accompany a roast lamb, some spicy fish, a hearty bean salad or on its own with a tasty cracker.
Serving Size: One size for all – first in.
- 2 medium red capsicums
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup roasted cashews
- ½ cup semi dried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tablespoon mild Moroccan spice mix
- ½ cup olive oil
- Chopped free parsley to garnish
- Roast the capsicums in a hot oven (200’C) for 15 minutes, or until tender and starting to brown up. Allow to cool and place in your food processor (remove the skin if you prefer).
- Add the parmesan, cashews, semi-dried tomatoes and Moroccan spice blend and process for 10 seconds.
- Add the olive oil and process until just combined (still a little chunky), then season with salt and pepper where needed.
For a dairy free option, replace the parmesan with ½ cup of fresh parsley.