One of our store managers suffers from coeliacs disease and is always looking for inspiration in trying new recipes that fit into her gluten free lifestyle. When we recently started to stock Teff flour and grain she was very excited to try these two products out and made these very delicious Teff pancakes adding coyo (coconut yoghurt), raspberries and honey. A woman of many talents, she even captured the image herself. She said they were so good, we couldn’t not share them.
SERVING SIZE: SERVES 1
- 2/3 cup teff flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Natural Coconut yoghurt (COYO) or Greek yoghurt to top
- Mix together thoroughly the teff flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk the maple syrup with the almond milk until well combined.
- Pour the sweetened milk into the flour and mix well.
- In a non-stick saucepan on medium heat, grease the pan with olive or coconut oil (you choose).
- Pour into small round pancakes cooking on each side for between 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Top with yoghurt, raspberries and drizzle with honey or maple syrup to finish. ENJOY.
You can just about use any berry you like with these pancakes, blueberries, strawberries or blackberries – or a combination of all 4. Or alternatively try topping with freshly sliced banana, guava or pear.