This week we are teaming up again with Amy Barrett from @chocdaisy. The recipe, a super summer salad that is fresh, green and full of goodness. Enjoy.
“Summer calls for meals that are easy to throw together, especially on those hot afternoons when you really don’t feel like being in the kitchen. My family and I love this light meal for its zesty flavours of kaffir lime, that oozes crunchy summery goodness’. – Amy.
100 g brown rice vermicelli noodles cooked per packet instructions, rinsed and cooled
- 250 g organic tofu, cut into thin rectangles
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 organic cashews, oven roasted
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 tbsp nigella seed (kalongi)
- 1 cucumber, spiraled into ribbons
- 1 zucchini, spiraled into noodles
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, picked
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, picked
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, chiffonade
Pop your dressing ingredients into a small jar with lid and shake until combined.
- Pan fry your tofu in the coconut oil, set aside to cool.
- Prepare your noodles, nuts, dressing and vegetables.
- Arrange on a share platter or toss together and drizzle with dressing.