This homemade ice-cream made with organic cacao powder is free of any added sugar or preservatives. A healthy alternative to store bought varieties and just as tasty. Enjoy!
- 600ml organic pure cream
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons raw natural honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pour the cream and cacao into a large bowl and whip with an electric beater until it is just off forming stiff peaks (allow the cacao to dissolve in this process).
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, continuing to whip until the last yolk is in.
- Add the vanilla powder, essence and honey whilst whipping slowly until smooth.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze.
- For best results, remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving to soften a little.
For summer freshness garnish with mint sprigs and leaves or baby basil leaves.