Most of us here at Affordable Wholefoods enjoy experimenting with different ways to eat nuts and seeds from the store. This recipe for Spicy Ginger Pecans was made by our Coffs Harbour Manager, Tess, who is rarely out of the kitchen out of work hours – unless she off with her native bee family.
Inspired by a Sarah Wilson recipe from I Quit Sugar, it’s a delicious way to enjoy pecan nuts. You can also try the same flavours with other nuts of your choice. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of pecans nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tablespoon macadamia oil (alternatively you could use sunflower, coconut or olive oil)
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180’C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper ready.
- Place all your spices in a bowl and mix well. Add your oil and mix some more, than add the pecans and mix again, coating until each nut is covered in the spice mixture.
- Pour onto the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, turning half way through.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy.
Replace pecans for walnuts, almonds, macadamia nut etc. What ever your nut of choice.
Read more at: http://www.affordablewholefoods.com.au/blog-recipes/