We had a bit of fun in the warehouse this week making up a gluten free granola for our readers. Choosing a few of our favourite nuts and seeds, and sweetening with a little maple syrup, we attempted to keep it as simple as possible, but with all the beautiful flavours. The feedback – Smile, ‘It’s really good’!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups slivered raw almonds
- 1 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds (linseed grain)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat your oven to 160’C.
- Place the pecans and walnuts in your food processor and pulse for a few seconds until broken into halves and quarters.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and then add your maple syrup, stirring until the liquid is even throughout (to the best it can be).
- Pour your mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper and place into the oven.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes before turning. Then bake a further 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and then store well in an airtight jar.
You can use any of your favourite nuts for this recipe.
Read more at:http://www.affordablewholefoods.com.au/blog-recipes/
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Vegan | Paleo