A savoury popcorn snack with Mediterranean inspired flavours reminiscent of traditional Italian pizza. This recipe has been created and made for Affordable Wholefoods by Nutritionist, Naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish.
How to make stove top popcorn (makes approx 8 cups)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup organic popcorn kernels
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed saucepan (with lid).
- Melt coconut oil. Put 3-4 kernels into the oil, when kernels pop the temperature is right. Add the rest of your popcorn (across one even layer).
- Cover (with a lid slightly ajar for drier and crispier popcorn) and remove from heat for 30 seconds (this helps to even the temperature so that they pop at the same time).
- Return to heat. Once popping slows remove from heat.
- Allow to cool.
Serving Size : Makes 4 cups
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Good quality sea salt
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- Add popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with oregano, paprika, onion and garlic powder and salt. Toss to evenly coat.
- Store in an air-tight glass container to keep fresh.
Read more at: http://www.affordablewholefoods.com.au/blog-recipes/