This is hands down our pick for a sensational salad this season. Fresh, crisp, sweet, crunchy and wholesome in one. With the addition of quinoa, combined with lightly toasted walnuts, fresh salad vegetables and leafy greens it covers all bases on the nutritional front, but doesn’t leave you feeling hungry like other green salads can. It’s also simple and enjoyable to make. Enjoy!
Serving Size: Serves 4 as a side OR 2 as a complete meal
- 1 cup of cooked royal quinoa
- 1/2 of each a red, yellow and green capsicum (now all in season) sliced
- 1 cup of blanched chopped green beans
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 3 cups washed baby spinach (or salad greens of your choice)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (lightly toasted in a saucepan or under the grill)
- Toast your walnuts on low heat for 5- 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, add the rest of your ingredients and toss together.
- Add the walnuts and toss lightly.
Read more at:http://www.affordablewholefoods.com.au/blog-recipes/