Inspired once again by a recipe from Delicious Magazine, here is a super simple lunch or dinner idea for all our paleo readers.
Serving Size: 4 – 6
- 1 garlic bulb (grated)
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 500g sweet potato, peeled & grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Toasted flaked almonds to serve
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 bulb fresh garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup iced water
- Place the sweet potato, grated garlic, spices, almond meal and eggs in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick fry pan.
- In 2 batches, add 1/3 cup sweet potato mixture per fritter to the fry pan.
- Flatten with fritters with a spatula into 10cm rounds and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil off on paper towel.
- Add the fresh garlic, tahini, lemon and iced water into a food processor and whiz together until thick and glossy.
- Serve your fritters with a dollop of dressing and some fresh greens. Enjoy.
Read more at: http://www.affordablewholefoods.com.au/blog-recipes/