Eating a diet rich in wholefoods offers so many benefits not only with our physical & mental health, but also the health of the environment we live in.
Here are ten reasons why eating wholefoods is the way to go….
1.Wholefoods are our bodies natural choice – the term wholefoods is simply another way of saying untouched or natural foods. Eating foods as nature intended means less stress on our bodies natural rhythms.
2. Wholefoods ask us to be more aware of our diet – Its true. Choosing a wholefoods diet means taking the time to consider the types of meals you are going to prepare for yourself and your family. This naturally calls for an element of self care in our day which supports our overall health and well-being.
3. Wholefoods contain far more nutrients than packaged or processed foods – A diet that is rich in nutrients means more energy and vitality in our day.
4. Wholefoods are better for the environment – with less packaging involved in buying wholefoods, particularly when buying from a green grocers or bulk food store, you are also supporting the environment by lessening the impact of landfill.
5. Wholefoods means healthy digestion – because wholefoods contain a lot of natural fibre, they help our digestive systems to run more smoothly from go to woah!
6. Wholefoods taste great – not only are wholefoods so nutritious, but they also offer a variety of delicious flavours and textures to play with in our cooking.
7. Wholefoods have less toxins – Most wholefoods are preservative free and naturally low in sugar which means less stress on the pancreas, liver and nervous system and more harmony for the body.
8. Wholefoods support growing bodies – Being more nutritious then processed and packaged foods, a wholefoods diet supports growing bodies by providing children and teenagers with the nutrients they need to get through this important stage of their lives.
9. Wholefoods are a great investment – a lot of people believe that buying wholefoods is more expensive then buying packaged foods. Finding a great bulk foods store allows you to choose the quantities you want which is more economical in the long term.
10. Wholefoods are simple – and you just can’t beat simple, in anything.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods