I’ve been making this pesto for years now and absolutely love it. It uses the traditional pine nut that gives it that distinct ‘Mediterranean’ flavour you just can’t beat. I sometimes mix it up a bit using cashew nuts or macadamias, but always keep coming back to this one. Simple, beautiful, delicious.
- 1 large bunch of basil leaves (leaves only)
- 3 medium cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of raw organic pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (deli bought blocks are recommended for quality)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of olive oil (depending on the consistency you like)
- Blend all the ingredients together in the food processor until you have the consistency you are after (adding extra olive oil if needed).
Use pesto as a side to any main dish or as the star ingredient in any Pesto Pasta.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods