This is one of my favourite pastas to cook with from in store. It’s a tri coloured organic durum wheat pasta with spinach and tomato powder giving it the subtle colouring that it has. It goes really well in casseroles as well, but I love to make it with just a simple pine nut pesto and garnish with a few herbs and extra pine nuts for crunch. Here it is…
Serving size: 3-4
- 2 cups of organic orecchiette pasta
- 2-3 tablespoons of traditional pine nut pesto
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Small handful of fresh walnuts (lightly toasted)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and then add the orecchiette pasta.
- Simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes until aldente.
- Drain and whilst still hot, stir through the pesto until well combined.
- Serve hot with a garnish of fresh basil and a sprinkling of toasted walnuts.
For a wholesome gluten free version try our Organic Besan & Buckwheat Pasta
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods