This is possibly the simplest banana muffin recipe you will make, and also gluten, dairy & refined sugar free as is the style of recipe contributor Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish.
The recipe has been one of Casey-Lees most popular with her followers and its super delicious as well (tried & tested). Great for lunch box or afternoon snacks.
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk (from the carton)
- 1 1/2 cups mashed over-ripe banana (approx 395g)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat your oven to 180’C (fan forced).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and milk and then add the banana.
- Add the almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla and stir well.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and golden on the outside.
Substitute walnuts for any other nut of your choice.
Substitute the vanilla powder for 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods