We are big fans of cannellini beans in store here and wanted to find a seasonal recipe that showcased how awesome they are not only for soups and casseroles, but for salads and mains as well.
Here in combination with quinoa, flaked almonds, and a few herbs and spices they make the perfect vegetarian meal. High in protein, gluten free, delicious and suitable for vegans as well. A wholesome meal on its own, or great as a side with meat or roasted vegetables.
Serving Size: 3-4
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked organic cannellini beans
- 1/3 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 3 cups cooked organic white quinoa
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Handful of flaked almonds (toasted)
- On medium heat, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and saute the (cooked) cannellini beans for approx 1 min.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, chilli and coriander, mixing well for 30 seconds.
- Add the (cooked) quinoa and fold into the beans, then season and cover with a lid for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the lid, mix in the fresh dill, garnish with toasted flaked almonds and serve immediately with fresh slices of avocado and cucumber.
Enjoy this vegetarian dish on its own with fresh greens, or as a side dish alongside chicken, beef, lamb or fish.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods