A delicious Mediterranean twist on an entertaining favourite. Also great to have in the fridge for a quick healthy snack with some fresh vegetable sticks. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (drizzle of olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 tin rinsed well)
- 3/4 cup basil leaves (squashed down)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Heat the oven to 180’C
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and toss in the olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients together until you have the consistency you want.
- Check seasoning and blend some more if needed.
- Garnish with fresh basil and cherry tomatoes and serve with your favourite cracker and vege sticks.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegetarian | Vegan