We get a lot of feedback from our customers in store and often they will drop recipes in for us to try which is where this one came from. It came highly recommended and after making it we can back this up. It’s absolutely delicious and very simple to make.
Ingredients for Ganache:
200g Dark Chocolate (we used our Rapunzel Dark Chocolate by kilo weight – but any good quality dark chocolate will do).
1/2 cup pure cream (substitute with coconut cream for a dairy free option)
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and then simmer the oranges whole for 2 hours. Allow them to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190’C and grease and line your cake tin.
- Place the oranges in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into a cake tin and cook for an hour and ten minutes – it may need a bit longer. (Note: the cake should be quite moist but pulling away from the edges of the tin and a skewer should come out fairly clean).
- Allow the cake to cool a little before removing from the tin to cool completely.
Making the Ganache:
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted, smooth and glossy. You may need to add a little more cream to get the consistency right.
- Allow to cool a bit and thicken, then smear over the cake (don’t do this until the cake is cool) and you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods Blog