Another wholesome recipe from local Lismore food blogger Meg Phillips. Delicious flavours, packed with nutrition and easy and fun to make.
- 3/4 cup organic tri coloured quinoa
- 1 brown onion
- 1 spring onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup tamari almonds
- 150g tofu
- Fresh coriander (to serve)
- Soak the quinoa in water for a couple of hours. Add to a pot with 1.5 cups of water and bring to the boil, reduce to low heat and cook covered for 12 mins. Once cooked set aside
- Sautée the sliced brown onion, garlic and spring onion, finely chopped in olive oil.
- When golden and fragrant add the carrot, diced into small sticks.
- Add the broccoli chopped into small pieces and continue to cook until carrot and broccoli are soft.
- Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan allowing them to cook.
- Add tamari and stir, add more to suit desired taste.
- And the peas and corn and stir until cooked.
- Add the quinoa and mix in well to combine all ingredients.
- In another pan with a little bit of olive oil cook the tofu until it is crispy and lightly brown.
- Serve the quinoa stir fry with tofu, chopped tamari almonds and fresh coriander.
Read more at Affordable Wholefoods Blog