Another wholesome recipe shared by Nutritionist Natalie Harms. These gluten free cookies are the perfect compliment to a cup of tea. They have a texture similar to shortbread and the cacao nibs give a delicious hint of chocolate.
Almost chocolate cookies, but with a healthy twist!
- 80g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 100g rapadura sugar
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 cup of quinoa flakes
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs (chocolate nibs)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 190’C. Line one or two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and tahini in a bowl and beat together until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further minute.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Stir in walnuts and cacao nibs.
- Drop generous teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet, leaving a space between each cookie. Press them down slightly and bake in the heated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown in colour.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for freshness. Enjoy!
Read more at Affordable Wholefoods Blogs