Our smooth & creamy ‘no bake’ banana protein bar is a banana chocolate lovers dream. We used the 180 vegan chocolate protein powder for the protein boost and well ripened bananas for sweetness. The result is just delicious. These bars would be great as an afternoon energy snack or to have following a workout.
Serving Size: Makes 16 bars
- 3 cups of coconut flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (option to use organic uncontaminated oats to minimise gluten (3ppm))
- 100g 180 Choc Vegan Superfood Protein Powder
- 100g chopped pecan nuts (or nut of your choice ~ walnuts & macadamias could also work)
- 1 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup (140g) nut butter (we used peanut – preferably ground fresh from a nut butter machine if possible).
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- Grease your tin and line with baking paper in preparation. We used a 22cm square cake pan.
- Place the oats, coconut flour, protein powder, nuts and spices in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine the nut butter, coconut milk and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until it is just warm and well combined.
- Remove from heat and then stir in the banana, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Add this mix to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and then scatter the coconut over the top, pressing down with a piece of baking paper to seal it at the top of the slice.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours (or until firm) before cutting into slices and eating.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods Blog