Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest and this one falls into that category. With so few ingredients this is a Mexican rice dish that takes next to no time to make and tastes delicious. It can be enjoyed as a simple meal on its own or as an accompaniment to enchiladas or soft shell tacos fillings.
- 2 cups of organic brown rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (cracked)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the brown rice and cook for about 3 minutes stirring gently.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the chicken stock, tomato, salt, cumin and black pepper and stir well.
- Bring the mix to a simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is cooked through and there is no liquid left.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods Blog