This weeks recipe of the week is a simple muffin recipe base from Sarah Follent of Baked Livingness. The base is free from gluten and dairy, using almond meal, eggs, some coconut milk and lemon, leaving you the option of add ins such as fruit, nuts and spices to create your own preferred flavour.
Serving Size: Makes 6 large muffins
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 free range eggs
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 1 teaspoon of bicarb soda
Optional Add-ins (choose from one of these or make your own)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 apple chopped or grated with 1 tablespoon of mixed spices ie cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1 pear chopped or grated with spices
- Zest of 1 orange with a tablespoon of poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cacao nibs
- In a large mixing bowl mix the honey, olive oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, eggs and bicarb soda until well combined.
- Add in the almond meal and stir until combined. If you are using cacao powder or spices- add in here also.
- Add in your fruits and or nuts.
- Place the mixture into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180’C fro 30-45 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods Blog