This weeks recipe of the week is a family favourite….Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas. A traditional Mexican dish that is perfect for a family meal anytime of year.
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 500g chicken fillets chopped into cubes
- 1 large red onion chipped into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of black turtle beans (soaked overnight and cooked for 30 minutes)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup of tomato pasatta
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 packet of whole mini wraps
- 1 cup of freshly grated cheese
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup pasatta
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno slices and juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft and then add the chicken.
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl and then add to the chicken and onion mixture. Stirring for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the pasatta and tomato paste and mix through.
- Add the cooked black turtle bean and stir again.
- Cook on medium for another 5 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the wraps on a bench top and scoop some of the chicken mixture into the centre of the wrap from one end the to other.
- Roll up the wrap and place in a baking tray seam end down.
- Prepare your sauce by adding all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and whizzing until creamy.
- Spoon the sauce liberally over each enchilada and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Heat the oven to 190’C and bake the enchiladas for 20 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods Blog