This month we will be sharing a few inspirations for back to school lunches on our blog. The purpose being to offer our readers a selection of healthy lunch options they can refer to on the blog for their kids. This one has come from one of our regular contributors Casey-Lee Lyons of Live Love Nourish who specialises in gluten and dairy free recipes. A simple frittata style healthy muffin recipe that is perfect for the school lunch box. Enjoy.
- 6 large free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons of nut milk (or other plant based milk)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 4-5 broccoli florets (chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- Pink Himalayan salt and black pepper to season
- Pre-heat your oven to 180’C (fan forced).
- Whisk the eggs and nut milk together in a medium size bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, spring onions, broccoli, salt & pepper and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases or a greased muffin tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in your pre-heated oven, or until lightly golden brown on the outside. Enjoy!
Read more about healthy recipe on Affordable Wholefoods Blog