This weeks recipe of the week comes to us from Casey-Lee Lyons of Live Love Nourish. A delicious grain, dairy and sugar free morning tea loaf flavoured with orange juice, cooked apple and spices. Enjoy!
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- zest of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 orange (or half a cup)
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 large red apple (finely diced)
- Pre-heat a fan-forced oven to 180’C
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, orange juice and zest.
- Add the almond meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, vanilla powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and a pinch of salt. Combine well.
- Fold through the diced apple.
- Spoon the mixture into a square deep slice tin.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.
- Bake the same mixture in lined muffin trays that will make approx 10-12 muffins.
- Add honey, maple syrup or your preferred natural sweetener to make the end result sweeter.
Read more about healthy recipe on Affordable Wholefoods Blog