This weeks recipe inspiration comes from Sarah Follent of Baked Livingness. An amazingly light and nourishing bliss ball rolled in a spicy seed mix. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1 cups of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup linseeds
- 1/8 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15 Medjool dates (with seeds removed)
- zest and juice of one orange
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 cups of roasted almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (for rolling)
- In a mixing bowl add all the seed mix ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place the seed mix onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven on low heat (120’C) for 40 minutes (check regularly to ensure it doesn’t burn). Allow to cool.
- Blend 1/3 of a cup to roll your bliss balls in. For the remainder you can use as a topping on salads, currys or cakes.
- In a food processor blend all the bliss ball ingredients together until well combined.
- Work the mixture into balls using your hands, having them slightly wet to prevent sticking.
- Roll the balls into the spicy seed mix and the shredded coconut and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Read more about healthy food blog on Affordable Wholefoods Blog