A super light tropical salad recipe perfect for the warmer weather. The toasted seeds really give this salad a beautiful crunch with the coconut adding a delicious natural sweetness.
This salad is great to have as a side to any simple meat or vegetarian dish.
- 6 cups mixed lettuce leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon linseeds (flaxseeds)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toast together your pine nuts, coconut chips and linseeds in an already warmed oven at 150’C for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients (accept the olive oil and lime juice) in a mixing bowl and gently toss.
- Mix the lime and olive oil together and pour over the salad just before serving. Enjoy!
Read more about healthy food on Affordable Wholefoods Blog