This weeks recipe of the week comes from Natalie Harms, our newest addition to the Affordable Wholefoods blog as writer and recipe contributor.
Natalie is a practicing Nutritionist with clinics in Maleny (in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, QLD) and Inverell. Here she shares her Lemon, Cashew and Coconut Cookies – loaded with protein, fibre, healthy fats and flavour, and a great alternative to store varieties.
Serving Size: makes 20
- 225 grams
- raw cashews80 grams
- desiccated coconut2 tablespoons
- coconut flour50 grams coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon
- baking sodaFinely grated lemon rind of one lemon
- 2tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Process the cashews in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture comes together.
- Place the mixture in fridge for 5 minutes to settle.
- Roll a generous teaspoon of mixture into ball and flatten slightly on baking trays lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15 to 18 mins until golden brown colour appears. Allow to cool an enjoy.
Read more at: Affordable Wholefoods Blog