Vegetables for breakfast anyone? Delicious sweet potato disguised in a sweet, chewy crispy waffle courtesy of the delightful Morag Turnball aka @aveganfeed
This weeks recipe of the week is from local food blogger to the Byron Bay shire Meg Phillips. Meg used our popular Organic Rice & Quinoa Penne to make this recipe. It uses only vegan ingredients, is high in protein…and super delicious.
A super light tropical salad recipe perfect for the warmer weather. The toasted seeds really give this salad a beautiful crunch with the coconut adding a delicious natural sweetness.
This salad is great to have as a side to any simple meat or vegetarian dish.
This weeks recipe of the week goes out to all the vegetarians/vegans looking for a tasty high protein dinner option. A vegetable stir fry featuring gluten meat. Enjoy.
This weeks recipe inspiration comes from Sarah Follent of Baked Livingness. An amazingly light and nourishing bliss ball rolled in a spicy seed mix. Enjoy!
Over the Christmas break our Manager Kym revisited one of her favourite recipes from an old Woman’s Weekly Cookbook; Vegetarian Croquettes. Kym modified the recipe making it gluten free using our gluten free crispy crumb mix and some seasonal herbs from the garden. This is a great recipe if your looking for something simple, fresh & light to cook this summer.
We are all big fans of chilli in store and love talking homemade harissa recipes. This Roasted Red Pepper Harissa recipe is a favourite of ours using red peppers from a jar (you can find these in most supermarkets or Italian grocers) though you can also roast your own if you prefer. The flavours of this sauce are absolutely divine and it’s fun to make as well.
This weeks recipe of the week comes to us from Casey-Lee Lyons of Live Love Nourish. A delicious grain, dairy and sugar free morning tea loaf flavoured with orange juice, cooked apple and spices. Enjoy!
A delicious dinner recipe using our new Organic Kamut Penne Rigate Pasta. The combination of lemon, chives, goats cheese and pine nuts is divine. You will love this recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked organic kamut penne pasta
- 20 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled into strips with a potato peeler
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives (keep some aside for the garnish)
- 60gram fresh rocket
- 60grams goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted organic pine nuts
- Cook the penne for 12-15 minutes until aldente. Drain and put aside.
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a fry pan, then add the peeled sweet potato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lemon rind and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice, 3/4’s of the chives and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and toss the ingredients for 1 minute until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add the rocket and chive mixture and combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Serve on a plate then top with crumbled goats cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts and chopped chives. Enjoy!
NOTE: This dish can be served hot, or enjoyed cold as a pasta salad. Whatever your fancy!
Read more about delicious recipe on Affordable Wholefoods Blog
So we asked one of our local seasoned recipe creators to have a little play with the Organic Canadian Hemp Protein Powder and Organic Hemp Seeds for us and this is what she came up with. Thank you Meg Phillips, another stella recipe from yourself, and 2 in one.
Chocolate Hemp Bliss Balls
Makes approx 12
- In a food processor, process the almonds until a fine powder forms.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cacao and hemp powder mixing to combine well.
- Add the dates, coconut oil and maple syrup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix with the almond mixture until a dough forms.
- Roll into bliss balls of desired size and roll again in coconut sugar
Vanilla Hemp Seed Bliss Balls
Makes approx 12
- In a food processor, process the cashews, hemp seeds and coconut until a crumb forms
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth then mix with the cashew mix until a dough forms.
- Roll into bliss balls of desired size and roll again in extra hemp seeds
Read more about healthy recipe on Affordable Wholefoods Blog