A super light tropical salad recipe perfect for the warmer weather. The toasted seeds really give this salad a beautiful crunch with the coconut adding a delicious natural sweetness.
This salad is great to have as a side to any simple meat or vegetarian dish.
This weeks recipe of the week is from Casey-Lee Lyons of Live Love Nourish. The recipe was originally made in collaboration with Roza’s Gourmet Sauces – a great business that sells a variety of chutneys, pesto’s and mayos online and around the country. The burger patty is made using black turtle beans (one of our favourite here in store) and is a bit of fun using roasted sweet potato in place of a burger bun. Enjoy!
This weeks recipe inspiration comes from Sarah Follent of Baked Livingness. An amazingly light and nourishing bliss ball rolled in a spicy seed mix. Enjoy!
One of our most popular cookie recipes to date, the Maple, Tahini and Almond cookies are the inspiration behind this weeks recipe of the week. Made again by our store manager Caroline, this time with a hazelnut spin and a chocolate hazelnut (nutella style) filling between. These are super delicious. Enjoy!
This weeks recipe of the week comes to us from Casey-Lee Lyons of Live Love Nourish. A delicious grain, dairy and sugar free morning tea loaf flavoured with orange juice, cooked apple and spices. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for something a little different to add to the menu, this is an enjoyable recipe that can be used as either a main or side dish…. inspired by a recipe from the Gourmet Traveller Magazine.
A delicious dinner recipe using our new Organic Kamut Penne Rigate Pasta. The combination of lemon, chives, goats cheese and pine nuts is divine. You will love this recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked organic kamut penne pasta
- 20 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled into strips with a potato peeler
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives (keep some aside for the garnish)
- 60gram fresh rocket
- 60grams goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted organic pine nuts
- Cook the penne for 12-15 minutes until aldente. Drain and put aside.
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a fry pan, then add the peeled sweet potato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lemon rind and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice, 3/4’s of the chives and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and toss the ingredients for 1 minute until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add the rocket and chive mixture and combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Serve on a plate then top with crumbled goats cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts and chopped chives. Enjoy!
NOTE: This dish can be served hot, or enjoyed cold as a pasta salad. Whatever your fancy!
Read more about delicious recipe on Affordable Wholefoods Blog
One of the simplest options for a healthy breakfast is to make your own granola. Granola’s are simple to make and contain loads of nutrition owing to the quality ingredients that go in them. Here is a simple grain free granola from Naturopathy student and wholefoods lover Nat Russell. Nat made this one when embarking on a gut healing journey years ago. It is free from gluten, grains, dairy, eggs, nuts and refined sugar. Nat says it is still one of her go to favourite breakfasts. Enjoy.
We recently discovered another of our customers to be a keen food blogger. Holly Valentine aka @the_cadavar is an Affordable Wholefoods shopper who loves our TVP mince, one of the popular vegetarian products we sell.
This weeks recipe of the week is a family favourite….Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas. A traditional Mexican dish that is perfect for a family meal anytime of year.