A delicious dinner recipe using our new Organic Kamut Penne Rigate Pasta. The combination of lemon, chives, goats cheese and pine nuts is divine. You will love this recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked organic kamut penne pasta
- 20 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled into strips with a potato peeler
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives (keep some aside for the garnish)
- 60gram fresh rocket
- 60grams goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted organic pine nuts
- Cook the penne for 12-15 minutes until aldente. Drain and put aside.
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a fry pan, then add the peeled sweet potato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lemon rind and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice, 3/4’s of the chives and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and toss the ingredients for 1 minute until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add the rocket and chive mixture and combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Serve on a plate then top with crumbled goats cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts and chopped chives. Enjoy!
NOTE: This dish can be served hot, or enjoyed cold as a pasta salad. Whatever your fancy!
Read more about delicious recipe on Affordable Wholefoods Blog