Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest and this one falls into that category. With so few ingredients this is a Mexican rice dish that takes next to no time to make and tastes delicious. It can be enjoyed as a simple meal on its own or as an accompaniment to enchiladas or soft shell tacos fillings.
A simple and tasty Mexican style dish that is perfect in soft taco’s or tortilla’s or accompanied with rice. Its warm, spicy and soft on the palate.
Serving Size: 6
- Warm up the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato and onion and stir occasionally until the onion is translucent and the sweet potato is slightly soft. (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds to a minute.
- Stir in the spices, followed by the black turtle beans, tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the simmer then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover your pot, stirring occasionally for the next 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the beans are soft (around 1 minute).
- Serve with avocado and rice.
Read more at Affordable Whole Foods Blog