A simple and tasty Mexican style dish that is perfect in soft taco’s or tortilla’s or accompanied with rice. Its warm, spicy and soft on the palate.
Serving Size: 6
- Warm up the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato and onion and stir occasionally until the onion is translucent and the sweet potato is slightly soft. (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds to a minute.
- Stir in the spices, followed by the black turtle beans, tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the simmer then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover your pot, stirring occasionally for the next 45 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the beans are soft (around 1 minute).
- Serve with avocado and rice.
Read more at Affordable Whole Foods Blog
As we start to settle into the autumn months, here is a seasonal recipe using our delicious masa lista flour to make your own authentic Mexican tortillas. The combination of macadamias, chilli and chicken is super tasty, with fresh greens and homemade salsa. This is a definite must try.
These spicy marinated beets are a delicious side dish to enjoy throughout spring and summer. Serve them alongside fresh leafy greens and your favourite protein. The recipe can be adjusted by using a different combination of spices depending on your personal choice. Big thanks to Kym our manager for contributing this one. Enjoy.
Busting out an old school recipe for delicious caramel dumplings. A great desert option that is easy to make and goes well with vanilla ice-cream any time of year.
Another wholesome recipe from local Lismore food blogger Meg Phillips. Delicious flavours, packed with nutrition and easy and fun to make.
Another tasty & nutritious recipe from Tristen Van De Kley of Balanced Body Nutrition. Tris describes these as ‘delicious plant-based good-for-you burgers that make for an easy protein packed meatless Monday meal’. She recommends serving in a burger bun with salad and turmeric tahini sauce, or in a nourish bowl with a variety of veggies drizzled with sauce.
Serving Size: makes 8-10 small falafel sized patties or 4 burger patties Continue reading
We get a lot of feedback from our customers in store and often they will drop recipes in for us to try which is where this one came from. It came highly recommended and after making it we can back this up. It’s absolutely delicious and very simple to make.
We adapted this bread recipe from an old Delicious magazine and it truly is delicious. It takes a little time and care but is so worth it.
Another wholesome recipe from Sarah Follent of Baked Livingness. It’s easy to make with simple flavours and….. a great vegetarian and vegan dinner option.
A delicious Mediterranean twist on an entertaining favourite. Also great to have in the fridge for a quick healthy snack with some fresh vegetable sticks. Enjoy!