Everyone seems to have an opinion about what the best diet is or what foods you should or shouldn’t be eating! Every day there are articles in the news or on social media espousing the virtues of different “diets”, superfoods, nutrients and ways to improve health. Everyone’s an expert and it can be very confusing!
Our Mild Spiced Dahl is a classic vegetarian dish suitable for all ages, and in Indian culture is commonly known as ‘kitchari’. Using moong dahl, brown rice, fresh coriander and spices, it is a warming and wholesome dish perfect for winter, and great to make in large quantities to store in the freezer for an easy dinner.
A delicious Mediterranean twist on an entertaining favourite. Also great to have in the fridge for a quick healthy snack with some fresh vegetable sticks. Enjoy!
When it comes to diet and nutrition, there is so much information out there telling us what to eat, when to eat, what time to eat, how to eat it etc etc. This can be very confusing for those of us who look to the experts to guide us in our dietary choices, especially when there are so many conflicting opinions about whats good and whats not so good for us to eat.
Eating a diet rich in wholefoods offers so many benefits not only with our physical & mental health, but also the health of the environment we live in.
Inspired once again by a recipe from Delicious Magazine, here is a super simple lunch or dinner idea for all our paleo readers.
Serving Size: 4 – 6
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 bulb fresh garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup iced water
- Place the sweet potato, grated garlic, spices, almond meal and eggs in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick fry pan.
- In 2 batches, add 1/3 cup sweet potato mixture per fritter to the fry pan.
- Flatten with fritters with a spatula into 10cm rounds and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil off on paper towel.
- Add the fresh garlic, tahini, lemon and iced water into a food processor and whiz together until thick and glossy.
- Serve your fritters with a dollop of dressing and some fresh greens. Enjoy.
Read more at: http://www.affordablewholefoods.com.au/blog-recipes/