Vegetables for breakfast anyone? Delicious sweet potato disguised in a sweet, chewy crispy waffle courtesy of the delightful Morag Turnball aka @aveganfeed
A delicious dinner recipe using our new Organic Kamut Penne Rigate Pasta. The combination of lemon, chives, goats cheese and pine nuts is divine. You will love this recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked organic kamut penne pasta
- 20 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled into strips with a potato peeler
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives (keep some aside for the garnish)
- 60gram fresh rocket
- 60grams goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted organic pine nuts
- Cook the penne for 12-15 minutes until aldente. Drain and put aside.
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a fry pan, then add the peeled sweet potato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and lemon rind and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Combine the lemon juice, 3/4’s of the chives and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan and toss the ingredients for 1 minute until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add the rocket and chive mixture and combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Serve on a plate then top with crumbled goats cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts and chopped chives. Enjoy!
NOTE: This dish can be served hot, or enjoyed cold as a pasta salad. Whatever your fancy!
Read more about delicious recipe on Affordable Wholefoods Blog
Another wholesome recipe from Sarah Follent of Baked Livingness. It’s easy to make with simple flavours and….. a great vegetarian and vegan dinner option.